Hi everyone, I have become very forgetful, losing track of what I am supposed to be doing, like leaving lights and other things on. Getting stuck for the right word to say and if multi tasking the slightest thing can throw me off what I was doing, brain fog I guess. I am going for a MRI soon am I the only one?
HI @Just-a-old-guy thank you for sharing this with us. It must be really tricky dealing with this brain fog. It is a very common symptom in Parkinson’s, so you’re not alone in experiencing this.
We have this article on brain fog, which you might find useful: Managing brain fog and confusion in Parkinson's | Parkinson's UK. It contains tips like sticking to a routine or creating a memory basket, which you might find helps things.
We wish you well for the MRI and hope the forum have some useful suggestions too ![]()
The Parkinson’s UK Moderation Team
Hello @Just-a-old-guy .
Parkinson’s … Just keeps on giving… You think you have got on top of it … And it just kicks you again.
Rivastigmine in some form may be given for memory that will be after MRI and possibly mental health check. And probably an ACElll test , Unfortunately it could mean progression…
Keep Beavering on with that Dam !
@Just-a-old-guy No, you’re not the only one. I do those things. Get up to do something in the kitchen and forget what I was going to do. Pick up my phone and have to think about why I did that. Memory issues now and again; forgetting peoples name occasionally. I spoke with PD team and they weren’t concerned. I’m not really concerned. I put it down to getting older (I’m only 57 ![]()
![]()
). Also, fatigue can play a huge part.
Cheers
D
Hi Dusty, you made me smile
it’s thingy my favourite saying ![]()
Hello @Just-a-old-guy ..
I’m 68 can’t remember what I was going to say now
Hi polo, yeah I have a list of symptoms a mile long it seems, but what can we do but
thanks the replies they mean a lot.
Hello , @Just-a-old-guy .
Just don’t do what I did , I put a new kitchen in at the beginning of the year , reloaded the cupboard with there contents. . Wife. She got Parky.. come along .. put stuff back in the cupboards how she wanted it including my tools .. took weeks to find my screwdrivers .. what fun ..