Forum Shorthand

As you can see I am a newbie. I think abbrev. are good too and I realized that Tootsie was joking and pulling your leg > Its lovely to be part of it all. We all need a laugh and Tootsie made me laugh. Ray I think it a great idea and please don't take my comments to seriously - I might be pulling your leg.
I see both sides of this.

Yes it's easier,but it has taken me a long time to get to grips with txt speak.

If this site is capable of providing the facility I would suggest a 'sticky.' A sticky is a thread that remains at the top of a sub forum, however many posts ensue. It would be best placed in the new members section, IMO, and contain the abbreviations mentioned previously,directing new members to it when they first post.

The even better option would be a sticky to a website called,'urban dictioary.'

Google it and will be mind blowing with the number of abbreviations in use, also an useful tool when exploring the wonders of the web/mobile phone.
Thanks for all the suggestions. They were great ones.

We're in the processing of writing up the promised user guidelines. We've also have a draft page introducing new users to the forum including basics on how to use the forum, introduce themselves, etc. A few commonly-used abbreviations might work here.

We'll be sending these out for your review shortly. We do hope you'll take a look at them and give us your feedback.

Ezinda
Thanks Ezinda.

Also thanks to all contributors. :grin:
I am not sure if you are still asking for abbreviations, but I couldn't let this go by with out mentioning MT which sounds what it is.
After reading this thread I think I can only say don't leave out
" TODAY IT TOTAK SUFFEl VOTZKA " :rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes: