Forum Feedback Survey 2021

Hello everyone, :wave:

I hope you are all keeping well especially in light of the current circumstances.

We’re always looking at ways to continually improve the forum so that it meets the need of our members.

Therefore, we’d really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete the Parkinson’s Forum Feedback Survey HERE.

We look forward to receiving your feedback and please feel free to let us know if you have any questions by commenting on this thread.

The deadline to complete the survey is Monday 1st March 2021.

Thanks in advance! :grinning:

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager

Why does it now take so long to get onto the forum? I get to the home page with the usual speed, then I click on forum and nothing happens. I wait a while, click again ad nauseum and often give up.

Hi @Mosie,

Sorry to hear that you’ve been having issues with the forum. I can understand why you’d be frustrated with this- have you tried refreshing the page? If not, it may help if you did. If you send me your contact details via private message I can look into this further for you.

Best wishes,
Reah

I am 78 year old who can just about type ,with no training ,it takes ages to produce a resonable reply ,I find the Parkinson forum web site easly the worst web site to use than any other ,It is rediculus, targeting the brain damaged affected members of our community with one of the worst web forum sites,The staff are fine , The web sites a disgrace Sorry but you did ask .Fat fingered Pete

Hi @fat-finger-pete, :wave:

Thanks for your honest feedback and I’m sorry to hear that you’ve found the forum challenging to use. If you can, please do take to the time to complete the survey so that your feedback can be included in the data.

Please let me know if there’s anything that I can do to help you navigate the forum better, I’m always happy to help ! :slightly_smiling_face:

Best wishes,
Reah

Is there going to be a Forum Feedback Survey 2022 ?

I’d like to suggest that it might be beneficial (to those of us with Parkinson’s) if there was a sub-forum where people-without-Parkinson’s could be directed to. I’m put off a little by the many (many) posts from people seeking to connect with those in a similar position - who turn out not to have Parkinson’s but are struggling with being a carer or relative, and are seeking support and connection with others who are carers or relatives.

Some of these posts have been so upsetting. I feel like shouting “We can hear you”.

Perhaps a prompt before posting on the Introductions? Or could a moderator move them to their own corner? Or perhaps there could be a Facebook group they can be directed to?

Hi @Lemon, :wave:t4:

We’re currently deciding whether we should do a forum feedback survey in 2022 - we’ll definitely keep you all posted on this.

The forum is here for anyone affected by Parkinson’s which includes people with the condition as well as carers and we’re here to offer information and support to anyone within this group. However, I completely take your views onboard and can appreciate that hearing the perspective from carers maybe triggering for other members. With regard to Facebook, we do have a Parkinson’s UK page with a few groups that may be of interest to you and other members. You can find our page here: https://en-gb.facebook.com/parkinsonsuk/

Whilst this is a space for all people affected by Parkinson’s and we want all members to share their experiences and receive the help and support they need. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to look at ways that we can improve the forum for all members.

Best wishes,
Reah

1 Like