Free Bus pass

Hi,

Would just like to make everyone aware,who has lost their Driving licence on medical grounds.You can apply for a Free Bus pass via your local council.I have received mine today.It runs for 5 years.I only heard about it in a recent edition of "The parkinson" magazine.

All the best

Titan

HI TITAN AND ALL.......I AM ONLY JUST 61 BUT HAVE HAD A BUSS PASS FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS THROUGH A DISABILITY AND CAN USE IT BEFORE 9.30AM WHICH IS HANDY FOR HOSPITAL APPOINTMENTS......THAT IS INTERESTING TO READ THOUGH TITAN....THERE IS PROBABLY A LOT OF pd PATIENTS UNDER PENSION AGE THAT WOULD BENEFIT FROM THAT. 

BEST WISHES TO YOU

DOLLY

you can get a bus pass if your on high dla,and still also drive,just download form on your local council

I applied for one of the free passes , but in the mean time i was awarded enhanced mobility pip and my local council do not award a bus pass if you get enhanced mobility don't know if it is the same every where or not .once i got my mobility award i had to cancel the bus pass application

is enhanced mobility the same as high,if so you need to have that to get a pass in dorset !

sorry i was wrong about dla & pip.but you can get a pass in england  if your disability has along term affect on your walking.! so i would think you could keep yours shelly.

Yes Gus enhanced is the same as high rate in my area Dudley if you get high rate mobility dla/enhanced mobility pip you cannot get one as they expect the mobility allowance to pay for your travel

https://dudley.firmstep.com/default.aspx/RenderForm/?F.Name=XMdUg6zKeqX&HideToolbar=1

your right thats well bad ! if you type in free bus pass weymouth dorset,it says england thought dudleys in england.sorry titan you were right about  if you lose driving licence aswell head up my a--.sorry

Different Councils different rules , i did apply for one but got awarded enhanced pip so had to stop the application , idoes not seem right , i think i may just phone up Centro and ask them

Just phoned Centro who operate the buses in my area and who issue the free bus passes , my local council have the wrong information , you qualify for a free bus pass if you are awarded  8 points or more on the mobility component of PIP .

good  news ! i thought dudly came under england smile

Hi Shelly

I thought I read you are from the west midlands area are you within the west midlands passenger transport excecutive because if you are its not the council that issues bus passes its the PTE but you have to live in the area that the pass can be used I live in the merseyside area so I get mine from Mersey travel If for example I lived in Cheshire  about 5 miles away I am out of there area and then I have to go through the council just checking Shelly.........................Paul