Frustrated

Putting My rant on here because it seems the most suitable place to do so.
So part of my meds regime is co careldopa 25mg/100 mg five times daily, I have taken my 7.30am dose and that is it no more left, so 10.30 dose missed next dose should be 1.30 pm.
Have rung pharmacy it’s not in yet should be this afternoon!!
Explained I have run out completely, no response, explained that the online prescription request form would not allow me to order it until Aug 16th, response well if you only ordered on the 16th it takes them three days to get script over to us, but I was unable to order any earlier.
I only have 100 tablets at a times so five a day that is only 20 days supply, I have looked thinking it must be an expensive drug no it’s not around £10 or less per 100.
Have tried contacting gp surgery cannot get response and unable to message online as that service not available to me.
It’s so frustrating

Hi newdidit,
I am not sure how it works in the UK, but in South Africa the doc/neuro can give a script with 6 repeats, so you would have enough time, once you have collected your 6th to apply for the next script.

1 Like

Hi newdidit
Are you able to order your pills online? My GP online ordering allows me to make custom orders if unable to order by ticking the box against what I want. I just have to explain why next to what I’ve ordered. When it comes to my LO pills I’ve spoken to prescription clerk at his GP and she amended the amount for 28 days supply

Hello newdidit
I don’t have to put in repeat prescription orders. Every four weeks a repeat prescription goes direct to my local chemist from my GP surgery, the pharmacist then sorts my meds into bubble packs - one pack for each week - and I simply pick them up from the chemist (they will also deliver if I couldn’t get to the chemist myself.) Before I had my meds put into bubble packs, I used exactly the same system and picked up the bottles and packets and sorted out the meds myself. I am always given - whether in bubble pack or bottle/box - sufficient quantity to meet what I need each day/week. I think this is quite a common practice, not unusual, it works well and reordering is not an issue. Maybe it is something you could look into. My pharmacist actually set it up for me and I have been using this system for several years without any problems.
Tot

1 Like

Hi, i have 2 months supply at one time. They changed it from 1 month whe i asked if they
could bring it in line with my my epilepsy prescription which has been a 2 months dipply for years. It may be worth asking . Also the other stuff I have to take was
rescheduled to a 2 month supply during lockdown If it something that you take for a chronic condition the doctor seems happy to amend the prescription.

I thank you all for your responses. I do order my meds online I tick which ones I need a week before so I do not run out but it’s always this one particular tablet for some reason that is only permitted to order on a certain date, why I have no idea. So this means I am always very close to running out. I do intend to go in the surgery to try and get it changed. Thank you for your support much appreciated. Also just to say I was not allowed to have my script on repeat because it apparently changes.

1 Like

Why don’t you order them 2 weeks at least before they run out ?

Some GP’s put limits on when you can normally order pills . My LO’s GP only allows pills to be ordered after 28 days of another order. We can order before but they don’t like you using that method more then once or twice. My GP hasn’t got any rules about how often can order and needs 7 days notice before issue.

Johan

I cannot order two weeks prior as it states the actual date I can order and there is no tick box, I can only make a special request.

Hi I’d have a word with the doctor as what happens if you want to go away?

Or try the practice administrator. Or pharmacist if they have one. The restrictive rules being applied to you are unreasonable.