Gay couple

Hello

My partner was diagnosed recently and it would be really good to chat to other gay couples about their journey. We have an amazing Consultation and Parkinsons Nurse who is nice but we are struggling to feel comfortable with her about talking about some of the personal issues Parkinsons has created for us.

Thanks for taking time to read this

Take care

Perry

1 Like

Hi @PerryF and welcome to the forums, I’m sure there will be other Gay couples on the forum who are living with Parkinson’s and will share their experiences and advice.

With regards to your Parkinson’s Nurse, I know it can be difficult to discuss personal issues with someone who you’ve not long met, but I’m sure they will be aware of many of the difficulties that Parkinson’s can cause for couples (gay or straight) and will be happy to provide you both with advice and support.

Do also take a look and consider posting in this thread Any Gay Parkies? where other folk have posted and replied from time to time too.

You can also contact our Helpline on 0808 800 0303 email: [email protected] and speak in confidence to one of our Nurse Advisers.

You might also find the following areas on our website useful:

Newly Diagnosed with Parkinson’s

Young Onset Parkinson’s

Relationships and Family Life

Warm regards,
David
Forum Moderation Team :rainbow_flag: