Getting a pd sufferer back to the uk

Hi ! I joined the forum a while ago but up until now have not found out how to post
My husband, aged 85 and I live in France. His doctor recommends a care home as he has difficulty walking, with comprehension, speaking, etc and is on a protein liquid only diet and losing weight fast. He would prefer to be in a care home in the UK as he cannot speak French. I have researched and found a lovely one in UK but cannot figure out how to get him back …any ideas > Flying would be too stressful and I could not drive back …desperate for him ! Thanks for any advice !

Hi Bourgeois,

I’m sorry to hear that you were finding it difficult to post on the forum. For more help on this, I’ve created a few tutorial videos on this here - How to use the forum - Tutorial videos!

In regards to your husband, I appreciate your concerns and would recommend that you contact our helpline as soon as you can to speak to one of our advisers about this. You can reach us on 0808 800 0303 from Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, Saturday: 10am-2pm, or you can email [email protected].

I hope you find this helpful, please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best wishes,