Getting kicked off forum?

hi this mornin has been a nitemare for me tryin to stay on the forum,when i logged on there was not many threads about,dead as a doe doe,so i wonted to bring back up threads,social etc,i managed first couple bu then from then on it kept sayin time out,6 times on one thread i was tryin to get,so i gave up and went to open a nother one,that came up ,i posted,and then i tryed agin with another 2 times kicked out agin ,time up,why does this keep happinin,it very anoyin.i normally bring up threads to get forum up goin agin when it fairly empty,and it dont do this as much as this mornin.and 2 times i had to log back in agin to the forum,agin that dont happinin normally,any ideas moderaters or members?
Ali, I suspect your internet connection is dropping then reconnecting, this could be a fault at the telephone exchange, or your internet provider. I assume you have a router that your pc connects to either wirelessly or wired, if so then try turning the router off, then turn it back on after 2 minutes.
Of course it could be something else but try my suggestion first as a way of elemination.

Good Luck :smile:
did it look like this? If so I think the database can't retrieve old records in the time allowed. ie the system is filled beyind its capacity to cope. You can generate this error my clicking on latest (weirdly the oldest) in social club.

No charge!

Server Error in '/' Application.

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Thanks ali j and turnip for reporting this problem. We are currently looking into it. It seems to be affecting the Social Club which is the largest part of the site and returning an error when you try to load a new lists of topics. It doesn't seem to happen when you are within a topic. If you notice errors in other parts of the forum please email us on [email protected]
We'll keep you up to date with progress on the issue and are very sorry for the problems this is causing.

Thanks, Liz
thankyou kyole and turnip,for your info,liz thankyou for your help with lookin in to it with in the forum side of it:smile:lets hope it is solved and tomorrow 6 in the mornin i can just post with out stressin me self:wink::smile:
hi few days ago i mentioned about goin on the social club,and goin through the topics to see wot i would like to read or post on.i managed to get to number 5 ,but then after i got time out agin,expired,so could not get no threads on that number.so i tryed,,8,and 9 and agin that happined to me.the other day a lady called liz replied to me and said it goin to be looked in to.im just lettin u no,its still doin it,and its frustratin
Hi ali j,
I've just had a chat with someone from the web team. They've had to refer this problem back to the people who take care of our forum and so it will take a bit longer to get back to you but they will update you here.

Again, if anyone is having this problem on other parts of the forum (other than Social Club) please let Liz know on [email protected].

Ezinda
thankyou very much:smile: