Grants

Does anyone know if it is possible to get any grants for installing a ramp? My mum is really struggling to get out of the house as there are few steps to negotiate (she has fallen on them in the past). Our local social services are saying it will take 6 months for an OT to visit to assess it and only then would we be able to apply to our local council. Mum is isolated enough and we need to be able to get her out for appointments and to give her something to look forward to

Try ringing the Parkinson’s nurse…she can sometimes speed the IT visit up.
Good luck.
Love
GG

Hi @Linzidawn,

I’m really sorry to hear that your mother is struggling to get out and about because of fear of falling on the house steps. It might be worth calling our helpline for advice on how to speed things up if, for some reason, you can’t get hold of her Parkinson’s nurse. You can reach our helpline on 0808 800 0303 Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm and Saturday: 10am-2pm.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

Best wishes for you and your mother,
Mara
(Moderation Team)

Have a look at the portable ramps available online from Theramppeople. I recently bought one for my wife who has MS. Their ramps are very substantial and they will give you good advice.