Gut bacteria study

I read the very interesting article posted by Parkinsons UK last year in January about how gut bacteria can affect Parkinsons does anyone know if there has been an update or any progress in the study and the use of Bacillus Subtilis

Hi John,
We just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the Forum! We found an article from January of last year regarding gut bacteria on our website, which you can read here. Please feel free to browse the various articles and other documents there, and also know you can call for a free and confidential session at 0808 800 0303.
We hope you enjoy your time here, getting to know our wonderful community.
All the best,
Jason
Moderation Team

Hi @John1,

I’m glad @jason.mod has already welcomed you to the forum and has pointed you in the direction of the Parkinson UK website.

I just wanted to add that we know there is ongoing research into the role of the gut in Parkinson’s, from gut imbalances altering progression of the condition, to a theory that Parkinson’s may originate in the gut.

Parkinson’s UK continues to fund studies looking into this area. We have written a research blog which includes some preliminary findings from scientific research looking into which bacteria in the gut plays a role in Parkinson’s, as well as an interview with the researcher who is carrying out the work. Here is a link: medium.com/parkinsons-uk/whats-the-gut-got-to-do-with-parkinson-s-ask-the-expert-4e1195d5f9c4

Best wishes,
Reah

Hi Eleonore,
We noticed this was your first entry in the Forum and we wanted to say hello, and welcome you to this lovely community. As I’m sure you read above in our replies, there is a wealth of information on our website at Parkinsons.org.uk so please don’t hesitate to have a look around. And we hope you’ll enjoy getting to know the Forum community, a wonderful group of individuals with their own valuable experiences and advice to share.
Best wishes,
Jason
Moderation Team