Hair Loss as side effect of Sinemet

I’ve been on Sinemet Plus (25mg/100mg x 3/day) for about a couple of years after being diagnosed with Parkinson’s two years ago, and this works well for me currently.
However, I have experienced quite a lot of hair loss since taking this medication and wondered how common a side effect this is? It is listed as a possible side effect on the medication leaflet, but no one I’ve spoken to in the medical profession seems to be aware of this. I would be interested to know if anyone else has a remedy for this?

I have been on sinemet for over 3 years and have found the same problem. My hair is very fine and so the impact is quite severe but have yet to find a solution. So any suggestions would be great. Thanks

I understand your frustration with the hair loss issue. It’s tough dealing with unexpected side effects, especially when they affect something as personal as our appearance. I’ve been on Sinemet for a while now, and while I haven’t experienced hair loss myself, I’ve heard it’s not uncommon.

It’s frustrating when medical pros seem unaware of these side effects, but sometimes, it takes a bit of research on our end to find solutions. I stumbled upon some info about hair loss possibly being linked to too much protein in the hair. It might be worth looking into and discussing with your doctor.