Hallucination experience and mental processes

Hello everyone,

I am a Masters degree student at the University of Westminster and as the final part of my degree I am carrying out a research study for which I need participants. My research is looking at the relationship between mental processes and the experience of hallucinations in those diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. In particular, the mental processes that will be focused on are perception, attention and executive function. This association will also be compared to those who have not been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. We hope that this research can highlight the experience of hallucinations, being a lesser known symptom of Parkinson’s disease, and encourage further research in this area.

What is involved?
In order to explore this relationship, participants will be required to complete a short assessment on a laptop and five short assessments on a touch-screen computer that will measure your mental processes of perception, attention and executive function. Lastly, participants will fill out a short questionnaire on hallucination experience.
In total, this should take no longer than an hour to complete and breaks are allowed in between the assessments.

We are looking for as many participants as possible to take part in the next few weeks, so please feel free to pass these details on to anyone who you think may be interested. I am looking for participants who have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and those who have not, and you do not have to have any experience of hallucinations to take part. You can come to the University, which is located on Regent Street, or I am willing to travel in the Kent and London area.

This project is being supervised by Dr Laura Boubert and has been approved by the University of Westminster ethics committee. My email address is [email protected], please do not hestitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Warm Regards
Helen Gibson

Masters student
University of Westminster
This study looks really interesting and very easy to participate in.

EF
I volunteered for this and completed the tests earlier today.

EF
Hello everyone!

I'm still looking for a few more participants for next week, so if you would be interested in participating in this exciting new research area, or know someone who would, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected]
I am willing to travel.

Many Thanks
Helen
Helen,
I would be interested to participate as someone who has been diagnosed with parkenson's

David