Hallucinations & confusion

Hi all…any advice or help would be lovely…my husband is 73 & was diagnosed aged 50…he has managed very well up until the last 6 months…he is having hallucinations & confusion & walking the floor most of that night which results in neither him or me having any sleep…the consultant has started him on Rivastigmine but these make him loose his gross motor skills & just sleep all day…he has no quality of life on these has anyone had the same experience & any info for any other meds that help with the hallucinations…I’ve actually just got him %10 cbd oil to see if that helps xx

Hi @Patricia1

Thank you for yur post and welcome to the forum, I am sure many members will soon share their experiences with you. In the meantime please do have a look at our information on hallucination and how to manage these - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/your-magazine/tips/managing-hallucinations-and-delusions-tips-family.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Sue - Moderation team

1 Like

Hello @Patricia1,

Can you let me know if the cbd oil helped? My dad’s hallucinations are becoming rapidly worse. He has tried altering his medication but that made the other Parkinsons symptoms much worse. He cannot distract himself by “reading and watching TV” as is so often recommended, as his sight is severely impaired (glaucoma). The little that he can see is now “infested” with bugs, animals and small child-like people and my mum is at her wit’s end. I live 3000 km away and feel so helpless…

Hello Patricia 1, we have a chap belonging to our parkinsons group who has the same problem. He has just been put on some more medication, so I will contact his wife to ask what he has been put on and will let you know if it works with him. Trouble is what suits one does not suit another, but I will find out and hopefully come to a conclusion, because it is an awful thing to go through. His wife has been at her wits end. As a matter of interest does the cbd oil work on this problem?