Hallucinations

Hi, I care for my father who has recently started to have hallucinations, has anyone got any advice/words of wisdom on how to keep him calm and support him during these episodes?
Thank you, Michelle

Hi Michelle,
We wanted to say welcome to the forum, and we hope you’ll find our services and our lovely community to provide some comfort. Our website is a great place to start your research. It’s super easy to search by keywords and you’ll be presented with a wealth of knowledge including articles, research, and archived forum discussions. To start we recommend you visit this page which has some helpful info regarding hallucinations. We also have a wonderful carer’s guide which you can find here and a direct line to a highly knowledgeable adviser at our free and confidential helpline at 0808 800 0303.
Wishing you a warm welcome and best wishes,
Jason
Moderation Team

Hi MichelleA, I have had hallucination sfor about a year now and it was because of the meds Iwas on.I used to see several types of people.Mostly people with yellow council coats on and they were working too.I see none in the daylight and only see them in the dark,I have learned to ignore them just look away ,now, Ionly see them very seldom,just look away.I hope I have not offended any council workers,I was a council worker myself.