Hands

THIS IS ONE OF THOSE WEIRD QUESTIONS I THINK....I HAVE PARKINSONS ON MY LEFT SIDE AND SOMETIMES MY HAND AND LOWER ARM LOOK LIKE THEY ARE COLD,QUITE RED...ANY IDEAS?

...as I use my left hand a lot less than the right (left = tremor), I suspect it is a circulation/muscle tone issue.

If you raise your arm over your head, I find the blood drains away and it appears normal again

:grin:

I get this problem in my feeet. I stand in the shower with one white foot and one purple one. A bit of moving around gets the circulation going again and things even out.

Does this happen when you are inactive for a while? If you are sitting then having something to do with your hands can help.

My hands are always cold and blue looking. The worse thing for me is
If I get really cold I shake uncontrollably, which I find embarrassing. Can not control it either. PB

Hi Buzzicles,

I'm only now catching up with your post from a week ago. Here's my penny-worth. I have symptoms on my right side only. My right hand is almost always tinged with blue - it is right now as I type using both hands. When I mentioned this to a neurologist, he wasn't interested and suggested my circulation problems had nothing to do with Parkinson's. My GP on the other hand thought it most likely due to Parkinson's - and also the increase in severity of my Raynaud's Syndrome symptoms in my hands and feet. The trouble is that there's not much to be done about it. I try to keep moving and keep warm! I also suffer from a somewhat erratic body temperature which doesn't help. I didn't have any of these problems (except moderate Raynaud's) ten years ago so I think it's all part and parcel of my Parkinson's.

So now you know why I dream of long hot summers and mild winters! Wasn't 1976 the last decent summer we had?

Best wishes.

Only my right side is affected and my right hand is cold, and I mean COLD, most of the time. I had not experienced this until the last 3 or 4 weeks (dx last Feb or March, can't remember). Coincidence? I think not. PD is making my hand cold.

I work at a desk, usually on a computer, most of the day. To combat the cold hand, I keep a small electric heater on my desk and aim it toward the mouse where my right hand is mostly found. Works well.

I have only just read this thread, likewise my hand and arm changes colour, muscle then rigid then tremor is worse, certainly affected by weather conditions. I did mention this to my Neuro and he felt there was a connection. I keep hand warmers in my office to activate as and when required.