Have i PD

my body seemed weird, i was waiting to see a neurologist, but knew there was something going on so i went to A&E, within a few days i was in hospital having spinal discectomy, with cage, i had from birth two vertebraes fused from birth so the one doing all the work slipped and was pushing my spinal cord, they said a few more weeks i would of been paralized from the neck down.

This was a terrifying time for me, symptoms returned so scary, so saw a neurologist who diagnosed PD, i was actually relieved it was not to do with the above op,

I now wonder if this diagnosis is right, i am losing strength in both hands due to ulnar nerves. I would like a 2nd opinion but would not like to upset anyone.

I hope i havent gone off track with this, find everyone here so kind and helpful, any ideas. Many thanks,
Liz

Hi Liz, sorry you are going through all this. In your situation, I would ask for a second opinion asap as it doesn’t sound quite right to me, you know your own body. Doctors ask for second opinions for themselves all the time, no-one is likely to be upset. Talk it through with your GP if you haven’t already.

Take care.

1 Like

Ah Mountainair, thank you so much for your reply, will take your advice,
Really do need to know what is going on with me, on a positive my mind is still good, still make myself laugh and others,
Take care and thanks again.