Have pd 20yrs

Hi…I was 19 yrs of age when my symptoms first showed.

Wow! Bad luck. How are you now?

Oh no - my goodness! Are your symptoms under control? … do you have help?

I’m the best I’ve ever been. I take meds at 8am, 1pm , & 6pm. I’ve an alarm set on my mobile for these times. I wear a dopamine pump. I find that if I stay away from negative people, I’m alot happier.

1 Like

I have a rare form of young onset parkinsons. if i eat properly it helps. i still freeze in my walk sometimes. and i get pain in my limbs at nite

My Mam died from cancer around the same time i was diagnosed. So naturally i turned into a stranger, and i was a mess. i had to admit to myself that i needed to get counselling. So i got cognitive therapy. Helped so much.

1 Like

Hi @Sligo_shaky,

My sincere condolences for your loss. You definitely took the right approach with getting some therapy.

Your bright outlook on life is to be applauded - I’m sure many of members will be inspired by your positive attitude.

Best wishes,
Reah

1 Like

I discovered an alternative treatment called “Trager Bodywork”. It teaches the mind and body ease of movement.

Sounds interesting tell us more .

What is The Trager Approach?

The Trager Approach is the innovative approach to movement education, created and developed over a period of 65 years by Milton Trager, M.D.

There are two aspects of The Trager Approach; one in which you, the client, are passive and the other in which you are active. The passive aspect is usually referred to as the tablework, and the active aspect is called Mentastics.

Utilizing gentle, non-intrusive, natural movements, The Trager Approach helps release deep-seated physical and mental patterns and facilitates deep relaxation, increased physical mobility, and mental clarity. These patterns may have developed in response to accidents, illnesses, or any kind of physical or emotional trauma, including the stress of everyday life.

A session usually lasts from 60 to 90 minutes. No oils or lotions are used and the client is dressed for their comfort, with a minimum of swimwear or briefs, and are additionally draped appropriately.

During the table work session the client is passive and lying on a comfortably padded table. The practitioner moves the client in ways they naturally move, and with a quality of touch and movement such that the recipient experiences the feeling of moving that effortlessly and freely on his/her own.

The movements are never forced so that there is no induced pain or discomfort to the client.

This quality of effortless movement is maintained and reinforced by Mentastics. These are simple, active, self induced movements which you, the client, can do on your own, during your daily activities. They have the same intent as the table work in terms of releasing deep-seated patterns.

For many people, Mentastics becomes a part of their life in taking care of themselves, and relieving themselves of stress and tension.

Because many of the effects of The Trager Approach are cumulative, clients most often appreciate and will benefit most from a series of sessions.

One of the most potent aspects of The Trager Approach is the ability to recall the feeling of deep relaxation, and how it feels to move freely and easily.

So sorry I didn’t respond to you earlier than this… life’s been hectic … the ‘Trager Approach’ looks very interesting - thanks for that detailed summary! As has already been said - you do think so positively, and look for solutions so actively… what a guy! Do you think you’ll give the Trager Approach a try? - if so, I’m sure a lot of people would like to know how you get on. Keep pushing - you’re an inspiration! :slight_smile:
Vic

Hi. I’m female. I have had that treatment done.

It did take a few sessions before I noticed a difference. It eased the pain and it improved my balance.

How do I delete my account?

Why would you want to?
You could help so many people on this forum.
H.

1 Like

Hi @Sligo_shaky,

I’m happy to advise you on how to delete your account but it would be a real shame to see you go. :frowning_face:

Please feel free to private message me any concerns or problems that you may be having with the forum.

Best wishes,
Reah

What a shame you seem to have so much to give to the forum.

Sorry I don’t think I’ve had a conversation with you yet.

It would be good if you stayed as more people like you are needed on this forum.

1 Like