Having terrible trouble with my feet

Hello everyone, just looking for some advice. I was diagnosed with PD in 2020 and have had trouble with my feet since then. It is ok when I am up and about but at rest they seize up and are so uncomfortable, it feels as if there are creepy crawlies under my skin and this is accompanied with numbness. I have had heart issues in the past and am wondering if there is any connection? I also have vey bad restless legs which are a torture and would appreciate some constructive advice. The doctor suggested Gabapentin which seemed to work for a while but not great. I have also restlessness throughout the day so all in all my quality of life is zilch. What I would give for a little respite!

Hi boomerang83,

I am really sorry to hear about the discomfort caused by your feet.
I’m sure you’ll receive responses from our fellow members, however, I just wanted to make you aware of our website which is full of information and tips about Feet problems and Parkinson’s. I have retrieved one that might interest you; Feet problems and Parkinson's | Parkinson's UK.
There’s a lot of useful information about different topics relating to Parkinson’s so do feel free to explore the website in your own time.

You may also be interested to know that we also have a peer-to-peer support group where you can speak to people who have been in a similar situation (in addition to the forum). For more information and support, please contact 0808 800 0303.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Federica
Forum Moderation Team

Your feet symptoms sound like Peripheral Neuropathy. It could be caused by levodopa. Go see your GP and ask them for blood tests, and nerve conduction tests.

Hello I also have this problem with my feet it’s so annoying! My toes have also gone all clawed.