Head Tremor

I have read conflicting info on the Internet about head tremors. Some saying its rare in Parkinson’s. For some reason I have developed a head tremor whilst writing and also washing up, or making a coffee. Is this Parkinson’s or something else?

Hello Rob28 … It could well be Parkinson’s or may be something else. None of us know what [other] health issues you have or what medication you are on. My first Parkinson’s medication [Madopar I think] made me feel as though my brain was over-heating & I was advised to stop taking it & try another drug. Parkinson’s is brain related so a problem in that general area is likely Parkinson’s or the Parkinson’s medication we take. If it concerns you speak to your medical team.

Best wishes
Steve2

The only medication I take is Lansoprazole for excess stomach acid, as I am still awaiting official diagnosis of PD, which I should get in 2 weeks time when I see my neurologist. No other medical conditions that I know of so maybe it is PD.

While they’re less common in Parkinson’s compared to other symptoms like hand tremors or stiffness, they can still occur. It might be worth seeing a neurologist to get a proper diagnosis.

Hi Rob28,
Steve2 and TheFallen( crazy name) are correct and you definitely should see a neuro for a diagnosis.
It may of course be dyskinesia which is related to or can be a precursor of PD.

Thanks. Am seeing my Neurologist in 2 weeks so will mention it. Just clutching at straws really hoping all I have is essential tremor. Trying to stay positive.