Hearing loss

Does anyone suffer from hearing loss specsavers trying to charge me nearly £3000 for hearing aids

See your GP, they can refer you to the Audiology Department at a hospital. The NHS will provide any necessary aid free of charge.


I moved to the Isle of Wight from Essex and Specsavers have a contract with the NHS to supply and fit hearing aids and you get them free. But as the other person said if you are on the mainland get your GP to refer you to the Hospital Audiologist. The Aids have really improved and look much like the private ones now.

1 Like

Hi Caz62
I, too suffer from hearing loss but I had a hearing aid for my right ear under the NHS and I also have annual checkups. All these don’t cost me anything.

1 Like