Hearing Voices

Morning all

I don't post often.

I'm 43, diagnosed at 40, very slow progressing, just on 1mg azilect and 20mg ciltralopram daily. Over the last 3 weeks I have heard voices - a few times in the evening, someone whispering Mum, and today while walking in the office, someone whispering my name.

So now I'm concerned - had a quick look and can't see it is linked to citalopram......any ideas as this is starting to freak me out. :confused:

Hi Seabreeze,

Azilect and Ciltralopram can cause hallucinations which can mean seeing, hearing, feeling and tasting things that don’t exist - the type you are describing are auditory hallucinations. I have also experienced hallucinations and once my drug regime was reviewed they stopped. I suggest that you query with your PD Nurse or GP, whether there could be a possible interaction between Azilect and Ciltrlopram.

Best wishes,

Cutiepie

http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/PDF/FS11_hallucinations.pdf

Above is a useful info sheet about hallucinations. Sometimes a urine infection or other illness such as a chest infection can cause hallucinations, so it's worth ruling that out too. It's important you contact your PD Nurse or GP asap.

Best wishes.

hi seabreeze, you are not on your own i often think i hear voices sometimes think i can hear music i am on a lot of meds compared to you so i dont know if its the drugs or not i just try to ignore it its the only way of dealing with it for me as the drugs are working fairly well so i dont want to change them. sue

My husband is always turning round asking what I have said , when I haven't even opened my mouth , quite often he will wake me to ask where that music is coming from . Sometimes even hear knocking or drilling . He went thrugh a period wher he was seeing shapes of people or animals while AWAKE . recently he reuced his sinemet and hasn'e seen them . They didnt bother him though ..