Hello - Dopa Responsive Dystonia

Hi

This might seem a bit of a strange one because I am a medical mystery!

I think I may have very mild dopa responsive dystonia which presents with parkinsonsim symptoms but every dr or consultant I see just says I am interesting but don’t know what’s wrong with me. From what I can tell dopa responsive is like a a juvenile version of parkinsons although I can’t seem to find much information on it and was wondering if anyone on here had come across it.

Reading the forum I have a lot of symptoms mentioned on here even the ear wax problem!

To put it short I have cog wheel rigidity, postural imbalance, I can make my thigh muscle tremor, my handwriting has always been poor and scrunched up and recently my feet seem to be in spasm. I also have tight short muscles (I have muscle hypertrophy in my legs) which I have had since I was a teenager and a slightly off walking gait.

If anyone has any information about dopa responsive it would be good to hear from you.

1. List item

Hi Phil, welcome to the Forum.

There’s lots of information about the link between Dystonia and Parkinson’s on our blog, here: https://medium.com/parkinsons-uk/dystonia-and-parkinsons-ask-the-expert-e4b60bc20900

Hope you find this useful. Please do feel free to get back in touch with any further questions.

Best wishes,

Owen,
Moderation Team.