Hello everyone

Hi everyone … I’m new to the forum … my husband was just recently diagnosed with PD … we’ve been noticing some changes in him over the past 6-9 months … I’m hoping to find information on the different symptoms to help us understand PD as we know very little about it …

Hi @crinkly

Welcome to the forum, I am sure other memebers will soon respond, however in the meantime do have a look at our information and support section on the website - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support. Also contact our helpline on 0808 800 0303 or email them at hello@parkinsons,org.uk and they can answer any of your questions, send you some of our publications and /or put you in touch with your local adviser.

Kind regards

Sue - Moderation team

1 Like

Hi @crinkly and welcome to the forum. It comes as a bit of a shock to the system to be diagnosed with the disease. From the out set, don’t change your lifestyle because of it, this will happen naturally over the course of time. No two of us are the same as the disease takes people in different ways. I always advise people to take a positive stance on the issue, you will find that some people will drift out of your life because they don’t understand it but you’ve no need to worry about them. You will make new friends on here as we are all in this together. It would be a good idea to contact your local GP Surgery to find out where your nearest Parkinsons Nurse is located and who it is. It would be a good idea to get an appointment with them as they are very useful and give good advice. If there is anything you want to ask there are plenty of us just waiting to help as @SueMartin has pointed out. It may sound trivial to you but ask it anyway and we will do our utmost best to get you the right information you seek.

Les

2 Likes