Hello new here and scared

Just a quick message to introduce myself as I'm new here.
My father has been diagnosed after a lenghty fight with our GP.
I'm scared as I don't have any knowledge or support for us.
Hello Fishkeeper,

Welcome to the forum, please don't be scared you will find a lot of help and support on here and you can also ring the helpline, the number is at the top of this page and they will be able to put your mind at rest. There are a lot of fact sheets that you can download from the pd web site as well. You don't say what age your father is and if he has started medication yet. You can port on here any time day or night there is usually some who can reply to you. Just as an example my husband has had PD for almost thirty years and is still only 68 now, but he has had a busy life since having to give up work with various hobbies and started a branch several years ago.
Please keep your chin up and share your concerns with the forum members and you will be sure to get their support.
best wishes
vivian
Hi Fishkeeper,

Welcome to the forum! I'm very sorry to hear about your father, but as you've probably already seen the forum is a great place for help and support. Also make sure you check out the rest of the Parkinson's UK site for more information and advice.

You can call our helpline on 0808 800 0303 and you can find our all our publications here - http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/publications

All the best,

Martin
Thank you both for your reply.

My father turned 70 last month.
I will be searching the fact sheets today as I really know nothing
of the condition yet.
Hi Fishkeeper, I am in a very similar situation as you. My Mum has recently been diagnosed with pd and I think I am still in a bit of shock myself. It is finally nice though to put a name to all of her symptoms that she has been showing for several years. She started to think she was going mad! I am still in the process of trying to find out as much as I can, also being there for her. I am thinking of you, but remember your not alone. I have only just started using this forum and I have come across some fantastic people who have all been in similar situations. Take care