Hello- new member

Good morning everyone, just thought I’d introduce myself. My Father-in-law has Parkinson’s and it has reached the stage where he is totally bed bound. His wife used to be his main carer but sadly she passed away last weekend. So my husband and I are in the process of moving Fil over to our house where we can look after him. I know quite a bit about Parkinson’s because unfortunately my mum had it as well so I hope to contribute a lot to the forums.

Hello Dott, my condolences on your recent bereavement but a warm welcome to the forum. Without doubt with your experiences you will have much to offer and I hope you gain something from it too. I hope all goes well with your new living arrangements and send my best wishes to you all

Hi @Dott

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss and this period of change in your life as your move your father-in-law in.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you can gain a lot from the support of other forum members as well as contributing.

Please remember that you can talk to the Parkinson’s UK adviser team for support and advice for your father-in-law and for yourself and your husband. You can call them on 0808 800 0303.

It’s a big life change so make sure you are looking after yourself whilst your care for your father-in-law too. There is a lot of information on our website for people caring for someone with Parkinson’s that you may find helpful.

All the best,
Katie
Forum moderation team

Thank you. That’s really kind and good to know.

Thank you Tot.