Hello

I’m flower123, new to the forum &a bit nervous about posting. I was diagnosed 6 years ago, at 60, when what I thought was a trapped nerve turned out to be PD. My fist contact with a PD Consultant was not a good experience, but fortunately my GP helped me find a Consultant who is really helpful & who I now see about every 6-8 months. I’m lucky I also get to see our area’s PD nurse, so I feel well supported. Although my PD has progressed quite quickly i’m still able to carry on as normal, apart from having to slow down & give up the gym classes I Ioved - Zumba, body pump,step. We still enjoy Our foreign holidays and our indoor bowls. I can still draw & sew/knit even if my handwriting is atrocious.

Hello Flower123

Welcome to the Parkinson’s Forum! Happy to have you and hopefully we can offer any support you need. We’re a nice bunch on here! :smiley:

Welcome to the family

Hello @Flower123 welcome to the forum. There is lots of support, friendship and ideas here so welcome to the forum :sunglasses:

Hello @Flower123 welcome to the forum. There is lots of support, friendship and ideas here so welcome to the forum :sunglasses:
[/quote]

Hello and welcome!
Welcome and my experience of the site is one of welcoming, caring people who through their experiences help you understand PD.
Take care

Annie

Hi @Flower123 , Welcome to the forum. I’m pleased to see that you haven’t changed your life style because of Parky, keep doing what you enjoy and try to practice handwriting when you can as being on a keyboard makes you lazy and you can soon lose it !! I also enjoy Bowls and will start the Indoor game shortly but I also enjoy the Outdoor game though as you get older it does get harder. One other thing, there is never any need to feel nervous about being on here, if you need help, ask away. We are all on this journey together so let’s make it a positive experience.

Les