Hello

I was diagnosed 3 1/2 years ago, at age 70. like most this was a shock to me and my family. I will always try and be positive, sometimes easier said than done. I am a sociable outgoing person and a member of the local U3A. I’m looking for support and advice.

Welcome.

Diagnosed six months ago like you not the group I would chose to join!
Always available or a chat.
Have a good New Year

Annie

Hi @Brook1. When I was diagnosed I suppose it shouldn’t have come as a shock as my late eldest brother had the extreme form of the disease in that he had full body tremor though Consultants insisted it wasn’t hereditary but I am the proof of the pudding so to speak !! From the little you have said, you have got the right attitude to PD in that you area member of U3A which gets you out and about and you have adopted a positive outlook. I tell people to be the best they can every day. With PD, we are all different and have different side effects, with me I have speech impediment, memory loss, falls and shuffling when walking though I think there’s something else !! It is a good idea to find out from your local GP Surgery about a PD Nurse, these provide invaluable advice. This is a good Forum so if you have any questions in particular you want to ask just fire away and someone will get back to you. We are a social and friendly bunch on here. Take care and all the best to you.

Les