Hello

Hi
My husband has been diagnosed recently with maybe having Parkinson’s. He is on no medication and now we have just received a letter from the DVLA saying his licence is going down to a medical licence. Is this what happens ? We also tow a caravan so not sure now if we will be over the allowance. Any advice would be grateful. Thank you. Jacqui

Hi @Jacqui1 :wave:

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forum, it’s great to have you join our community.

I am sure other members will be able to share their own experiences of their contact with the DVLA, but in the meantime you can find more information about driving and Parkinson’s here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/driving-and-parkinsons.

You may also like to contact our helpline on 0808 800 0303 or by emailing [email protected]. The helpline is a free service open 9am-7pm Monday to Friday and is made up of trained advisers who will be able to answer your questions.

Best wishes and take care,

Emily - Forum moderation team

Glad to see your thread here. I’m also a newbie here. Welcome to the community.

Hi @Jacqui1,
I was diagnosed a year ago and now have a 3yr driving licence.it is the same as my old one and I have towed horse trailers and caravans for years. So I see no reason why your husbands 3yr licence shouldn’t prevent him from towing

Hi you should be able to tow upto 3and half ton thats weight of caravan and car together if you have entitlement of 7.5t on licence you can tow more heavier unit hope this helps