Hello

my partner got diagnosed 18months ago aged 41 we have been living together for 6 years
Hello and welcome Sweetpea, you have come to a place that will help you as much as they can. Lovely people who will cheer up when your down and share their knowledge with you.

Keep posting and let us all know how things are with you.

Radz x
Hi sweetpea.... Tell your partner to fight this monster called Parkinson's every inch of the way. You will find plenty of advice on how to do this on the forum so don't be afraid to ask. There will always be someone listening.

Chris
Sweetpea
A warm welcome to the forum. I hope you will find this place and its assorted inmates as helpful and supportive as I do. I was dx about 6 years ago aged 40. PD forces you to make some changes but there is life after diagnosis.

Its important never to forget the feelings and the needs of the partners of PWP. I know that I have tested my wife's patience from time to time over the last few years. (to be fair - I was able to wind her up quite effectively before diagnosis too ......)

Keep posting, tell us more, ask us anything, but above all stay positive

Elegant Fowl

p.s. I like your forum name
Hi sweetpea and welcome to the forum,

you will I am sure find excellent advice and support here.
Not easy for both of you , coming to terms with dx of PD, it is difficult. I wish you both the best and look forward to seeing around the forum.

love PB x
Hi Sweetpea, welcome aboard. I'm Ray.

I'm 61, and was dx 11 years ago. There's plenty of good advice and experience on here as well as a chuckle or two, or even a shoulder to cry on from time to time.

Many of us have sleep problems, so if it's 3 or 4 in the morning and you're at a loose end there's more often than not someone around to have a natter with. And even when there isn't there's usually some quiz or puzzle to answer, or anagram to solve. And, of course, a huge database containing many years of experiences, queries and research, from discussing medicines which are bad for your teeth to how the brain breaks down dopamine and transmits messages around the body.

Do tell us a bit about yourselves - in your own time, of course.

Hope to have a chat sometime in the near future.

Take care.
Thank you all so very much for taking the time to reply. I have been trying to stay positive since my partner was diagnosed but I hit an all time low, feeling angry, and selfish for even feeling this way.Don't hate me for saying this but I never thought I would need to join this forum I guess it was denial and I could be strong and cope with it...how very wrong I was. Reading some of the stories made me feel so less alone, yes some made me cry and some gave me strength, to know I chat about how I am feeling and coping and ask questions helps me stay strong for him. So you are all helping us both. xx
Hello Sweet pea I hear you my husband was Dx 15 years ago and I get angry feel hard done by at times and so very selfish life could be so unfair and I have my off times when I feel like running away.
But I find if we have a problem we finds ways of trying to solve them stay strong
and welcome to the forum.
Regards Heather
Hey Sweetpea,firstly welcome to the forum. I am 42 yrs old and was dx about 2mths ago. Like you are to your partner my wife has also been a tower of strength to me trying to come to terms with this. I know she is trying to stay positive but i can tell there is days when it gets her down aswell, after all you are human and this is to be expected. Try and stay focussed and be positive and as the rest of the team on here have said, we are all in this together and without each others support I guess there is days were we just wouldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Keep posting and keep smiling:grin:Alan
Hello sweetpea + hubby,
care for my father who is much older then yourselves - he is 78 on sat and was diagnosed 8 years ago!!
He also coped for 6 of thse years by himself and it is only the last 2 years things have gone wrong.
I hope too hear some of your struggles,we have had a bad 4 weeks of it but things are settling.
Such things make people bolder and stronger - good luck to you both.
Ps I also thought I could cope - but not and also use the forum and am a new user.
Good health too you both,a stressed out son at present drinking tea and a huge big bar of chocolate, not nearly big enough for my emotional needs.
ttfn