Hello

Good Luck Post Office with your own shop. Husband has his own business and he could not imagine for working for anyone else and he absolutely hates office politics.

One thing of advice. Get yourself a good accountant to submit your tax returns. Have all receipts etc nicely in order, as to minimize cost but it is worth getting it done professionally.

Take care and be busy and successful

Swissmiss dont  know any accountant in this world aye they are great till the Inland revenue come along then you'll see them step back . But in most cases you have to have one but I've heard if the cash flow is small you can deal direct without one , then there's no mistakes as inland revenue are said to be fair , good luck am gona shut up now it's nothing to do with me !!!!

Thanks Swiss miss but no need for accounts as all money goes on building so will never be any profit - am on 250 a week benefits which is not enough so have to work - computer work is very rarely of any use

Hi

i am new to this group I look after my dad who has Parkinson's and is failing fast over last month with infections on top of age related problems I am finding it harder to deal with ever day I just want to run away it is a horrendous disease

Yes it can be unbelievably rough - especially with age related problems but no matter how hard we must have our own space to do things that build self esteem every day - I only do what I do to take mind off things -

Hi Breagh

Sorry to hear about your dads decline , have you spoken to his pd nurse about some support or respite care ?  Are there any support groups for careres in your area that you can talk to or phone the helpline above ,

Yep it's an awful disease and suffering from it is bad but at least we get treatment for it but family and carers  who have to watch it and pick up the pieces it must be far worse , all I can say is we all are thankful for our carers and even though we sometimes forget to let them know it they are the true heroes of this world and without them our lives would be impossible .

Please talk to someone or write on here , just letting your thoughts out can help and you may find some answers to questions you didn't know you wanted to ask.

Live well.  Cc

Hi Breagh, 

Welcome to the forum. As you have already seen, the other forum users are really supportive, so this is a good place for you to share your experiences.

I'm sorry to read about your dad's health and how you're struggling to deal with it. Please know we are here for both your dad and you. 

Cheshire Cat already mentioned the support that is availablehttp://www.parkinsons.org.uk/content/support-you The support includes local groups, publications and our helpline. Our trained helpline advisers (including Parkinson's nurses) can be reached on 0808 800 0303, Monday-Friday 9am-7pm and Saturday 10am-2pm.

Best wishes,

Ilona (Moderation Team). 

Am wanting to turn post office into a parkinsons therapy centre - I have had parkinsonS since 97 - I will make more progress today

Hi Cheshire Cat 

my dad does not have pd nurse on board I think that it would help don't know if there is such a thing in our area. He sees his consultant every 6 months but has deteriorated a lot since last appointment it is really hard to deal with other illnesses on top of Parkinson's and get balance right I feel I am never of phone to gp at the moment and he is really good but only so much he can do.

Back to the original Post Office post... I hope that the shop goes well for you. It is great to see that you are determined to make a go of it despite all the daily challenges of PD. I hope that you feel you can take things at your own pace one day at a time. I am sure that your  visible presence will make a difference to people who either have PD near you or in raising awareness to those who really do not know what it is like to have PD of which there are far too many.

Need some feedback on my post please

Very good idea POSTOFFICE - if you can get the go ahead from the powers that be, no doubt you will have lots of good advice to share!

Good luck - Sheila