Hi everyone
Just needed some advice ,my Mum is now 75 and has been diagnosed for the past 20 years ,sadly she did try suicide a couple of weeks ago and was sent to the mental Health hospital, she is now with me since last Thursday until I can find some suitable accommodation for her needs,her mobility has really gone done the pan with her depression also but I don’t feel she has any support with anything I’m sure there must be some kind of new medication she could try for therapy,
I would really like a bit of advice as to where to start
Thanks Lisa

Hi @Ronnie123,

I wanted to take a moment to welcome you to our community. I am very glad to see that you’ve started reaching out. Please continue to do so - consider this space somewhere safe where you can lean on others for comfort and support. I’m sure others will be along soon to greet you and share their experiences and suggestions with you.

I’m very sorry to hear about your Mum - my heart goes out to you, truly. PWP often struggle with depression and anxiety, and without proper support or resources the symptoms can become more severe.

Does your Mum have a GP, Parkinson’s nurse, or specialist? If so, I would recommend contacting them regarding her situation and current state. There individuals would know her medical history and would be able to make recommendations tailored specifically for her.

I would also like to suggest that you reach out to our helpline on 0808 800 0303. Our advisers are very knowledgeable - just like our community members - on all things Parkinson’s, and they too will be able to provide you with resources and recommendations for your Mum.

I can understand how upset and lost you must both feel right now, but please know that neither of you are alone. There is no reason for you to go through this without support or compassion - certainly not from this community! We are all here for you, Lisa.

Best wishes,
Forum Moderation Team

Hi @Ronnie123
So sorry to hear about the hardtime you are facing at the moment. @joy.mod given a good advice.
I also suggests speak with neurologist / Parkinson’s specialist nurse , I would say they should have done this whilst she was in the hospital. If mum has a neurologist , speak rob the Secretary and exp lain the situation you are and ask for urgent review as I think medications should be reviewed. Otherwise contact mum’s gp and ask for urgent appointment. I don’t know which part you are living , search for MIND , it is a mental health charity which provides community support. Does mum have a social worker ?
Hope you will be able to get some help soon. Thinking about you and your mum.
Take care.