help

Hi i am very new to this forum my husband is in end stage parkinsons in a nursing home and its the sadest thing ive ever had to deal with i would love to hear about other people and how they cope with this stage

Hi @cheryl, :wave:

A warm welcome to the forum.

We have a really supportive and kind community here on the forum so I’m sure you’ll hear from our members soon with their own words of advice/encouragement. :blue_heart:

I’m so sorry to hear about your husband’s current condition, my thoughts go out to you and your family. The issues surrounding death and dying are not easy to think about. We know how tough it is dealing with a loved one’s advanced Parkinson’s and we understand the need for support to help you deal with and think through end-of-life issues.

You may find it difficult to talk to family members or friends, or prefer to discuss matters with a trained counsellor or faith leader, or with someone who has a similar experience of Parkinson’s to you. We have a lot of helpful information about how we can help you through this period via our website here: Emotional support and counselling | Parkinson's UK

If you’d prefer to so speak to someone as soon as possible, we have a truly amazing helpline service with a team of advisers who would be more than happy to provide you with more support as you try to navigate this very tough period in your life. Please give us a call on our free number 0808 800 0303 or email us at [email protected].

We’re here to help you in any way we can and we hope you never feel alone with what you’re going through.

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Admin