Help

Just diagnosed 2 weeks ago I have been reading everything I can here but I just would like some advice as I keep crying. Tears are never far away and I just want to know that maybe I will stop it soon… very emotional

1 Like

Hi Jacky, that’s a very understandable reaction.

1 Like

Hi jacky,
I’m so sorry, but I understand your fear. I was diagnosed June 2011, at which time a brain tumour was also suggested….so Parkinson’s to be honest, was a relief. My advice to you is to relax, enjoy life and take symptoms as they come. Life has to be adapted….but it’s not over. xxx

1 Like

Hi Lemon n Ali, and thank you for your responses. I suppose i should have said more in my original post really. I live in Jersey. I live on my own and my rent is really expensive. There is no NHS here so I pay for everything. I just started a new job and am trying to hide my symptoms, which is really difficult. I am more emotional than I have been in years and wondering how long I can hold on to this job. I am scared.

1 Like

Thank you Ali. Am finding it really hard to relax mainly coz I need to work. It’s long hours and I don’t feel as capable as I once was xxx

I’m so sad you are in such a difficult situation. Your body will let you know when you can’t do what you used to. Keep in touch with Puk I’m sure they will have plenty of advice for you, take care, Ali xxx

1 Like

Thank you Ali xxx

Hi Jacky, like you I was diagnosed recently and was shocked and cried a lot at first. I’m now more positive as all the disparate ailments I have are probably due to PD. I’m now on PD meds and doing better physically and more positive about the direction I’m going.

1 Like

Hi Kenny, thank you for your reply. I think I was just getting used to the idea. It was a big shock to me. Anyway, I have given myself a good talking to and decided that I just need to carry on doing all the things that I can do and see how it goes. The meds seem to be working for now. Thank you for your support

Hi Jacky. I was diagnosed in 2014, and it took me 18 months to come to terms with it. I still struggle to contain my emotions, to the extent that watching “Long Lost Families” or the like is risky! What made it better for me was time, going on an anti-depressant, and suffering from severe back pain, which put PD in perspective for a while.

Chris

1 Like

Thanks Big Chris, hope that you are feeling a little more positive now. Xx