Hi Everyone

Valentines Day is looming and there's lots of cheap champagne about.  For the benefit of my friends on this thread, I have conducted some experiments to help with the budget.  Just beating a well known supermarket offer of  £10.00 a bottle, for taste and fizz is my own alternative , parkypagnewindypop.

You will need two glasses and a teaspoon, mix and serve immediately. 

2 tablespoons of Andrews liver salts,

chilled tap water 

1 teaspoon  lemon sherbet.

ENJOY !

Please post your tips, deadline 13th Feb big grin

Babestation did you  mean , meet up in Bath or in the bath?  you have a reputation to maintain x 

Haha......dont think there would be room for anymore in my bath.....got all my rubber ducks to fit in with me..... maybe easier to meet in Bath,I fit in better there. ...lots of old things and relics to see... Haha

Happy Valentines Day, everyone xeye roll

cool Well I am unable to walk the motorways of the  bigger supermarkets so   I  transport myself with  old  biter,  (my  wheel chair ) , red roses an I could even  smelld  completely forgot it was Valentines  day until inside and well lets  be  truthful here im 66 beloved is 71 both well  past  the dizzy intoxicating days  of passion any where and everywhere parky  does not  help  obviously unless its warping  your mind with  drugs that accelerate sexuality  fun  at  first but  the  novelty causes trouble so  back  to  the super market, as you walk in all the incentives to  purchase  red  roses buy 40 get one free  so I thought about something more in keeping or  on  the  level with the  passion or passionless  feelings that haunt our home ,,so I bought a bunch of  carrots fresh ones  wrenched frrom their comfy nests in one of those polytunnels with  very  small amounts  of  soil still clinging to  theroot  area, I could even smell the  earthy aroma of the only vegetable  recommended by  tail gunners, there was a reason for the purchase ,,yes indeed   CARROTCAKE  MY  Mum used to  make them fro  freshly killed carrots  from our  garden oh what  fun  we  had chasing  them  round  and round  the  very  large  vegy patch until my  Brother  bought  a  air  rifle.

So on  presentation of the sweet scented  wonders of nature to  beloved , and the reason I wanted  them,  WELL YOU  KNOW  WHERE TO  PARK  THEM DONT  YOU,, ??? Why whatever could she  mean., so my  daughter made  me  a  carrot  cake  and  vey  nice  too

FED

Made me smile, hope you enjoyed your cake.  x

Anyone seen hoggit mcfloggit shes missing again xx

Dire Straits Sultans of Swing (a brilliant band and song!)

Sorry to hear of your troubles Fedexlike2. Another side effect of our meds cocktail.

Couage Mon Brav! Here are some hugs over the Ether, { }, [ ], ( ).

Hi there everyone, H0gg1t McFl0gg1t here!

Been off in the ether. Had my first meeting with PD nurse when called to PD clinic, didn't even get a look in with Consultant!! Tremor bad, so suggested an increase in meds, agreed, feel no better, just as spaced out!

Requested an appointment with PD physio as have been privately, and treated with caveats, also had to pay. Still awaiting hosp letter.

Been concentrating on exercising and amassing exercise dvds and have dusted off son's Wii. At least that will get some use, rather than residing in the loft!!

Funnily the insomnia is now not a problem, am fighting the crushing fatigue, that catches me out daily when I've not paced myself. Mental note to self; you can't do what you used to, take plenty of rest, and the odd cuppa!

Been away over the 1/2 term hols, was recommended a s/c holiday cottage in West Wales. Super stylish and cosy (woodburner to occupy hubby most nights), only downfall was bed not long enough for 6' 8" son, so had to rig up extension with odd bits of furniture! Looked like Steptoe and Son! We also had a problem with an exploding fly on his jeans, but that is another story! Ha, ha!

Need to tackle the washing, ironing and the dreaded fridge tomorrow (going in with goggles and gloves)! Also a visit down to in-laws, who don't know of my Dx so will need to keep tremor in check; haven't told them mainly because F-I-L has just been dx with PD and they are both not coping well with it.

I look after finances for my eldest bro, who is on Autistic Spectrum, although not Dx. Hopeless with money and finds it difficult to hold down a job. He has signed for a bungalow in an assisted complex that will suit him well, only problem is it is going to cost him a lot more and he doesn't have the financial resources, and he doesn't have enough furniture etc for it. Had this mega load of problems dropped in my lap prior to going away, so have had a lot on my mind. No other siblings wanting to give a hand, so looks like I am going to have to twist a few arms for a few crumbs of help. So I will be Mrs Popular.

Anyway there are the reasons I am not always here. Good to hear no major disasters, or have I missed them?? Take care for now! xx

Pleased you are ok, Hoggit MC Floggit sounds like its all under control Take Care xx

I hope you still doing ok hoggit   mcfloggit  make sure you have a day just for you, xx

Hi, I'm still hanging on here, thanks for your concern. Are you keeping well?

Yes ok, had a blip as life seemed to centre around PD but back on track .  Think I was getting a bit post crazy just sticking to my favourites now...pleased you still coping must be tough you have a lot going on and I admire you.  stay in touch xx

big grin

Hello Hoggit

Though I have been at  war  with PD for at  least 18yrs  with  the last  5 or 6 causing much distress, I was lucky enough to have the Duodopa system fitted  four  years  ago and there is no doubt I would have failed  mentaly  or physically  without my little friend its a major  asset in the struggle with the  beast I have  christened BLACKHEART   I have other descriptions but  would probably end up in j  custody if I used them  here  also  you  may  notice I never use its full medical  description  in  other words I treat this vile  savage  pitiless  disease with  contempt and  hate,  it  is  referred to  by  me  as pd  parky or BLACKHEART,   Childish I know but if someones doing  their  very  best to  destroy  you and  has been  for 18 years  he is  not   going to  top of your christmas card  list,,so I use these derogatory terms as a  way of kicking back, it all fits in  with the  positive attitude you  mentioned  ,  and  though  sounding silly  it  works,,posting your  thoughts and  fears on  this  forum  helps to  get  you in a good  frame  of  mind, the  last  few  days  have  been  hard and  I  have  spent lon  hours weeping,, no  HOWLING  like a wolf expelling the pain and anguish  that has hit hard  since my Mum  passed away last  July   she left a massive tear in  my ablllity to cope  and I began to sink into the depths of  blackness  recognised only by those of us gripped  by depression of  ithe  worst kind  no  hope filled with  fear and sense of loss, but  about 5yrs  back I   visited  a  chap  at NTGH who  taught me    CBT   Cognitive Behavior Tharapy   in short  it enables the  signs  and  symptoms of depression to  be  picked up  and  avoided  almost  like  the  giant  AWACS   Aircraft picking up  threats hundreds of miles off and  warning the  defences thus  prepared forwarned is forarmed as they  say, I use this method of coping  many times  a day  or  week  and it does  work,

along with  your  meds  which  may   take  a  while to  get  optimumumumumnm  ? effect and  your clear  to to anyone  ,,positivenessilityness  you will be  strong young  Lady.

Kindest Regards  FEDcool

carrots  valentines day  whatar yeeees  onabooot  whooose  valentine ///??

aaaaaAAAH  the wonders of Lagavulin

FED

cool

This is  a new  project underway at  Fed  Towers, and inspired  by  one  only one and  only one  TEE HEE,  as I have mentioned elsewhere about very very  illegal AL COHALL,  regstrd  trade name ,,beter safe than doin 20,well leeeson  vairy  carefuleee eye  shall  say  theees  onleee  wonse,   you know the  excerpt   taken from my   Documentary   (wonderous tales of Carrie and  her carrot)  set  in   France  in  WW  hence   the  french accent,  ohh  well   please yasells,  I am assured it  will  be  given screen   time  by 2224  AD So  look  out  for  it  cant  give  away   too  much  or   itll   spoil  it  for   you,   think   of  that  horny   book  50shades of  grey , but   with  Carrots yes  folks  get  your   orders  in  now  as   they   are  selling  like,, err  hhmph  err well carrots, only 85 quid  or £90 for  two, this is the  tale  of   making   poteen, the  carrot version,,  the  heroine   CARRIE produces a   breed   of  carrot that when  distilled results in  total  elation followed by  Euphoria  then  paralysing   pararalysis   for 2weeks,  and  of  course  the POTEENTIAL  of   the  young beautiful Carries liquid as  a weapon is  perceived  by  the  hero,  played   by Gorden  Kaye   who  else,, who  using  his   CAFE  as a  means   of  disabling  the  Geeeermins  taking  them  prisoner easily instead  of  blowing  their  brains  out  or  indeed  both,  so  TEE HEE owsabout  you  for   lead  you  will  be  the  wife   of   arrr  eeero   ENRRREEE, and  so  you  will  be reffered  to   often  as    YOU  STUPID  WOOOMAN   but  look  on  it this way    free  carrots  for  life,

The idea  works  incidently   dont   mention  it   but   I  thought I  would  try  it and it   works  it  tastes  like    Carroty Vodka  and  matches  poteen in propelling the   poor  soul  sipping  it into  paroxsysms  of  ecstaticly  ecstacilated  paltritudeily   happy,,  and   we could   all  do  with some   HAPPY,,  H  A  P   P  Y at  this  time

so  only  available by  bankers  order   from  FORT  KNOX  FLORIDA,      TYNESIDE                         FED