Hi

Hi I’m 52 and Male recently diagnosed just looking for some friends, just had my first pill tonight as i think it was the correct time to do so, but also feel like a little part of me has had to give in to this disease I suppose this is a normal feeling.

Hey there Torty,
Welcome to a forum that you would have never wanted to be on but which may well provide the silver lining to your Parkinson’s cloud . I won’t patronise you with cliched reassurances but can’t help thinking that beginning medication is a form of acceptance rather than denial, and a way of rolling up your sleeves and saying to the PD, “ ok, come on then…do your damnedest and see what you get…I’m not going to just sit here and take it…I’m not giving down without a fight”.
It may or may not be easy to find the right meds or dosages for you…that can take some time and trial, but knowledge is definitely power, so keep asking if you are not sure, either on here or via the helpline, or your Parkinson’s nurse if you have one and they know their stuff.
Warm regards, Pippa

2 Likes

Hi Pippa
Thanks for taking the time to reply and your true kind words.
Makes me feel better there are people who understand.
Torty

1 Like

Hi @Torty, :wave:

It’s great to see that Pippa has already welcomed you to the forum. I think the advice she has given you is spot on, I’ll just add that we have a ‘newly diagnosed’ section which has a lot of information and support for you at this stage with your condition. You can find this information here - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/newly-diagnosed-parkinsons.

If you’d like to speak to someone about your medication or you have any questions about your recent diagnosis, feel free to call our confidential helpline on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager