How do people keep going?

Hello Casie, thank you for replying unfortunately I am sinking fast so must  go to bed I will contact  you tommorow, sorry.   FED

Hi Suzy,

I'm glad you're in good shape. All days are different, but I use three quotations to monitor how I'm doing, whenever I start to wonder what the point is of going on. You'll already know them:

1. In China they say, 'Even a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step'. I ask myself, am I still taking steps?

2. Einstein said, in the Theory of Relativity, that 'Bodies in Motion don't age so quickly'. I ask myself, am I still in motion?

3. In Carson McCuller's story 'The Ballad of the Sad Cafe', the main character suffers all kinds of tragedies, but each time 'he had reached rock-bottom', despite everything 'he went onward'. All things considered, am I still 'going onward'?

If I can answer mostly yes, I consider I'm okay, and don't beat myself up - however bad I may actually feel at that moment. Although, if I haven't washed my hair, all bets are off! This a bad sign.

Thank you Casie =) sorry you were struggling so much Fed. Hehe thanks osian spray, yeah its bad times when I cant wash my hair, I feel so scummy! It was such an amazing feeling when Id been totally paralysed for 2-3 weeks when I could finally move again and have a shower and a hair wash, amazing!

Hi Kittens,

I'm on Requip XL (10 mg) too. Main side effect is nausea but I chew gum or suck a mint! Really helped with rigidity and stiffness. Not really helpful for shakes but seems to take the edge off the tremor. I haven't had any of the scarier side effects. My blood pressure has dropped though, this can make you feel quite poorly at times. All- in-all though, I am well. Hope you are too! I felt relieved after my diagnosis too xxx

Heh Suzynola7 I've missed hearing from you.  I know we haven't had much contact.Hope you are well?

Best wishes

Casie

Hi Casie, thank you =) Ive not been on here too much, just been trying to get on with things! Ive been a bit up and down but not doing too bad thanks, just having trouble with spasms, cramps and fatigue mainly, and waiting for my next neuro appointment which is in february. Hope you and everyone else are doing ok x