How do you cope with all the fainting?

Writing this for my mum who has advanced parkinsons. How do you cope with all the fainting? I
think the doctora have made as many ‘tweaks/ balancing’ with my mum’s medication as they can now and everything seems like a trade-off in terms of managing symptoms.

My mum faints many times a day now. It can be at different times- no set pattern. My dad eases her down to the floor and puts her on her knees, then she will try to have a glass of water. Although she doesn’t drink as much as she perhaps should.

I have heard about having more salt, fizzy drinks, orange juice. What practical things do you do when this happens to you? My mum is trying to hang on for as long as she can before she always goes in a wheelchair. It’s really hard for her because she wants to try and keep the little mobility she has. She is 76. Thanks in advance

Hi Sorry to hear about your mum.
I used to faint quite a lot and always felt so warm. And thirsty. So my hubby would get me into bed and open.the window wide no.matter the weather and get me a drink of nice cold water
I know this prob Not much help.hoping your mum gets a bit better soon.love and best wishes

Babs x x x

Hi @HavanaS,

I hope all is well.

I can imagine this must be really tough for your mum especially as she’s trying to avoid using a wheelchair. Have you tried speaking to one of our advisers? If not, you may want to give our helpline a call on 0808 800 0303 for information and support on your query.

There’s also information on the Parkinson’s UK website on fainting and dizziness in relation to Dopamine which you can find here.

Please feel free to explore both options and do keep us posted on how you get on.

Many thanks,
Reah