How do you get a good night's sleep?

benji

You've hit on the very reason why I often go and sleep in another room. When the PD doesn't lock me rigid on the bed, I wander the house to ease the tremor tensions. No sense in both of us missing sleep

Have found that i sleep in 4hour cycles,a side effect of tabs  have loads i do at night for several hours then go back to sleep.seems to be a way of getting hours needed is part of my daily routine now.

Lugmeister I know where you're coming from but if I put everything down to side effects I wouldn't have PD, does that make sense, I'm scared to go to the GP he thinks im making it up, the swollen ankles and the almost permanent headache over the left eye almost forgot the dizziness. I'm getting off the point here we were talking sleep or lack of it, had half hour at lunch time going visiting tonight hope I stay awake for that. Whilst I'm not on about it is it that when I'm strap hanging on the bus at night I feel people look at me as if I'm drunk. Sorry I'll stop now.

Hi Karen I am a new carer for a lady with Parkinson's - how do I get this magazine please?  My lady has terrible nights and I think a lot of her issue's are due to the fact that she has very little sleep and this has been ongoing for at least two years which is having a knock on effect with her husband whom is still trying to work and consequently getting very frustrated and unable to cope

Thanks

Isabell

Hi Isabell, 

The magazine goes out to all our members. You can find out more about becoming a member here or by calling 020 7932 1344.

I wonder if it would be helpful to read our booklet 'Sleep and night-time problems in Parkinson's'? It looks at some of things that cause sleep problems in people with Parkinson's and what can be done to help. It's available online here, or I'd be happy to send you a copy if you can let me have your address (all our publications are available for free). My direct email is [email protected]

I hope that helps a little, Karen 

Hi was awake four times last night got up and did all the usual things had hot milky drink finally got up at 5.45am i go to bed late hoping i will sleep all night but very seldom get a good nights sleep hope tonight will be better  Take care Chris B

what time do you take your last meds try take 2hrs before bed!

Thanks for the response's.  I know that the lady I care for is given her last lot of medication literally as she goes to bed so maybe this is something that needs reviewing.

The other problem that she has when she is feeling 'ill' is a burning tongue/mouth.  Unfortunately she is unable to suck a sweet or eat anything during this time and finds it hard to swallow.  Does anyone have any suggestions about relief with this??

THANKS

if her pd drugs are at bedtime slow release or controlled release this is ok ! i would see gp about other.

Thanks Gus trying to get her family to take her to GP about this burning sensation in her mouth that she is getting plus the sleeping tablets she has been given as they have made her like a zombie the last week not plus I think she is having a reaction to them as blisters appeared on her legs!!!!  Mental healthy team coming in tomorrow so will be expressing my concerns to them

Has anyone experienced a personality change/split personality - aggressive and rude - ???  Any hints/tips on dealing with please?