How long to obtain new meds?

I attended my annual consultation on the 6th March and was told that I was under medicated.   I waited three weeks for the prescription to be electronically sent to my GP.   Hearing nothing I contacted my Parkinson's nurse  and requested she chase it up.  Another week passed and I phoned the hospital to be told that it was signed off and was now with my GP.   Today 5April I had a telephone call from my GP stating that they still had to liaise with my Consultant.   I suffer with  manic shaking and dystopia when I will get the new Meds is anyone's guess.  Does it take 4 weeks and counting is this normal procedure?

We've had some​ similar experiences nhs being under staffed and human error​.  You have to keep pushing them.

Good luck...... Billy

Hi Farmers wife, I don't know why there is a three week delay in electronic prescription getting to GP. At most it should only be 24hrs. That's my experience. Your PD nurse needs to contact your GP I think. If you're consultant thinks you're under medicated surely that should be enough for your GP. It must be very frustrating and draining for you. Hope you're not left much longer.

Still waiting  letter undated received but GP hasn't received his copy and will not prescribe without letter.  When you know there are only 300 Parkinson's patients between two consultants in this area  (and yes I know there are other brain conditions) what is the problem?   Thanks for your reply.

There do seem to be some lunatic rules and regulations around all this. I was told recently that I could not have one item from the list without losing the rest of the list for the future. So when meds are being tweaked and get out of phase with each other you are forced to build up a stock of stuff you might not be wanting again.

I phoned​ the​ hospital​ and the person​ sending​ the letters said​, there was 2 of us doing this job the other girl​ was laid off so I'll do your when​ i get to it​

Farmer's Wife,

I'm sorry to hear about the delay getting your medication.

In fact, I think the delay is far longer than the time you've spent waiting for the prescription. Your need for a larger dose is unlikely to have occurred on the very day of your annual check up. The need for an increased dose probably developed continuously over the 12 months between check ups. On that basis, you would, on average have needed the higher dose 6 months ago.

Even that is probably an under estimate. It assumes the dose decided at the previous check up was correct. With the benefit of hindsight, i.e. the fact that you need the increase now, it is likely that you've been under medicated for nearly a year.

John