How to explain Parkinson's to the uninitiated

Hello my name is Sherry. Before I go into all sorts of things I just wanted to let you know that I had an article published by you in your online magazine. It created a lot of awareness so I was thrilled. My physio encouraged me to write a blog, which I must say is quite interesting and gives me something to focus on whilst I try to improve my mobility.
I noticed that you are advertising in your other magazine for people to start a blog and wondered if I could link mine to that in some way. I have been doing mine for 3 weeks or so, not every day but quite regularly.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Sherry Bridges

Hi @sherrybee :clap:

A warm welcome to the Parkinson’s UK forum.:blush:

It’s a amazing that you’ve started your own blog, I have sent your request to our content team and will keep you posted on their response. In the meantime, do make yourself at home on the forum and feel free to join in on any threads.

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager

My explanation is a simple analogy the majority of the uk population would understand

1. Imagine I am England
  2. On my right I have the M6
    3 On my left is the M1
  3. Now when both roads are working everything goes as normal
    5 But with me, some bright spark has placed randomised traffic lights, on the M6 SO…iEverything can stop without warning

Hello Reah

I haven’t heard anything definite one way or the other as to whether I can join my blog to Parkinson’s. I have got over 700 viewings and am seriously thinking of turning it into a book. Several people have mentioned this. Would Parks be able to help me on this at all, any advice etc. would b e welcome.
Regards Sherry Bridges

Hi @sherrybee,

So sorry for the delay, I have chased this with our content team and will be in contact with you as soon as I receive a response.

Best wishes,
Reah

Hi Geordieparr

What a lovely explanation of Parkinson’s. I will certainly be trying it out when I describe PD to the “muggles”

Karen

Thank you, problem is they are driving on the A69 to start on the A1