How to handle the deterioration

I haven’t posted for a long time but now need some guidance. My husband was diagnosed with PD about 3 years ago and has taken a long time to come to terms with it. He’s never been communicative but now I just don’t know how to handle his decline. His movements have become unstable and he’s clearly struggling eith balance. His tremors are a bit better since he was put on Gabapentin but now he sleeps even more and usually sleeps through most tv show we watch in the evening. We are helping my daughter decorate her new home and he was always very good at DIY. But now I’m worried about his safety so have asked him not to go up ladders etc. But do I suddenly have to be the mother in all this? He won’t accept his limitations and I fear for his safety but don’t want to turn into the person that nags at him to be careful all the time. How do I handle this?

Hi Dobdotcom,
We’re sorry to hear about how difficult things have been of late. We look forward to seeing what advice and shared experience the community can provide, and we can assure you just based on discussions we’ve already seen that you are not alone in these feelings. As a reminder, you don’t have to be a PWP or have a medical question to give our advisers a call at 0808 800 0303. They are wonderful listeners and can even make suggestions for local resources for carers and family.
Thank you for sharing, and please accept our best wishes,
Jason
Moderation Team