In at the deep end

I have joined the forum on behalf of my husband who was diagnosed with pd 10 years ago. We have been lucky as the disease!! has been slow to progress. I understand this was due to my husband being older when it arrived. We have managed well until this last year when bit by bit life has got harder as more probelms appear, but not to moan we manage very well.I am looking forward to talking to other carers and hopefully find ways to cope and help my husband and if possible help others as well.
Hi Mubsy, Welcome to the Forum! I know you will find plenty of friends on the Forum
and the expeiences of others can often help,too. It's one of the best things I have ever done. I only wish I had done it sooner. Welcome to both of you. Blue Angel x
:grin:
I echo that view Blue Angel, mubsy you will quickly integrate and make lots of
friends on this forum you will have access to a vast reservoir of useful tips
and important information, I look forward to your views once you have settled,but a little advanced very very small warning sometimes you will read
posts from fedexlike and you might think I am three bricks short of a load, its not that, its just when BLACKHEART releases its grip ,this is the perfect place to have fun , just be yourself, Enjoy.
Kindest Regards fedexlike:grin:
Hi Mubsy
Welcome to the forum. You will find a great bunch of people here who have suffered most things that pd will throw at you.
I am sorry to hear that things are slowly building up with your other half. Both of you must just take things as they come and try not to let it get you down. It will of course be harder for you because of the extra work you must do, which your husband wont be able to do. When things get on top a little, just come on the forum and release a little steam. We are all here to listen and help when we can.
look after yourselves
Chunky
Hi mubsy and welcome.

We are almost 15 years into Parkinsons and our situation now is not as good as it was a few years, ago but it could be far worse.