In need of advice

Hello everyone, my mom has been diagnosed with PD and I have so many questions I just can’t find any answers to, my mom’s struggling so much and I have no idea what to do to help her, I really need some advice, she is on meds and they have upped them a few times as she has alot of muscle weakness but her main complaint she’s worried about alot is the fact her muscles are so weak she can’t go to the toilet “properly” as she has no strength to push, she’s on laxatives but she doesn’t want to eat anymore cuz she doesn’t want to keep fighting the issues even though I keep telling her she has to eat for it to be easier, anyone know of what I can offer her to help? Anyone else had this issue or know of anything? Also legs at night I’m she says her legs like dead weight and she can’t sleep at all anymore,my stress levels has gone sky high and I just don’t know what to do to help her, thanks, Nikki x

Hi and welcome to the forum, @Nikkiki. Our members are very supportive and helpful and I know they will be along shortly to welcome you and chat about your concerns.

The situation with your mum must be very worrying for you and it’s not suprising you are feeling the stress. Our website has a lot of information that could prove useful. Just type your topic into the search bar and see what pops up. Bladder and bowel problems, including the muscles in the bowel becoming slow, are very common in Parkinson’s and this page may be helpful in answering some of your questions.

I’d also encourage you to take care of yourself now. Caring for someone with Parkinson’s is a physical and emotional challenge and the healthier you feel personally the more easily you can take on this role. Please read our page on Caring for someone here.

You can also ring our helpline on 0808 800 0303 for support when you need it.

Wishing you all the best
:blue_heart:Janice
Forum Moderation Team

1 Like