Insomnia

Tommy how did you go with the the camera swallowing?
It is shocking I hope that one day you will get the correct result. Not. Been on. Much as my eyes are absol. Terrible. Well I’d better get some sleep as up again for hosp. How is Sue give her my love? What about Keith still liking hospitals as much as me l. Olx x x i

Thanks Roy means a lot to me that people even read my poems hope you finally find the place you want hi babs hope you and Phil are well and Tommy I have to apologise I forgot you were doing camera hope you are OK and that sue is well mam sends regards to all it would have been dad’s 89th birthday have to have blood tests to check for prostate cancer hope to do test early tomorrow morning
Take care all
Pete and mam

Hi musketeers
We may be falling apart health wise but our friendship is stronger than ever my friends.
All for one and one for all.
Tommy :pill: :pill: :pill:

Oh my giddy aunt: hubby semi-retired and we have therefore had to give up flat in London since it came with the job. All furniture we could not give away has come home to Lossiemouth. My attempt to take sleeper from Inverness to London completely thwarted by Scotrail who sold me a ticket which did not exist. One daughter played a blinder, in the middle of MSc thesis and packing up flat.
Of course the best contribution yours truly could make was to fall and break her ribs.
I screamed me bloody head off. Still cannot sleep in bed. Attended mother-in-law’s 89th birthday lunch 7 hours after the fall, then spent 6hrs in the car coming up the A9.
These are reasons why I have not been around.
This is me then checking in and now out coz ribs agony.
Have still to catch up with all posts, forgive me. I have no idea how you all are doing.
Anyone fancy doing a quick summary?
Hugs all round.

Hi Mrs T sorry to hear about your fall I know what you are going through with ribs I have to change meds as sinemet plus no longer working properly will be starting on stalevo next week been absolutely knackered all the time mam spent 10 days in hospital with cellulitis which really took it out of me managed to pick up water infection and been today for psa test if it comes back positive then Don, t think I can fight another problem good to hear from you
Pete

You might want to ask your Parkie medics re apomorphine instead of stalevo. After being on stalevo for a while , we are now being told that it is not great for your liver , irritates the bladder and can cause weight loss … I guess that was all in the small print …anyway we are being advised that an apormorphine pump is the way forward . Other people may have info / experience to share …
Regards , Pippa ( a closet insomniac!)

just managed a catch up. Babs am so very sorry to hear that you have been so ill. Insensitive nursing staff we can do without

Hi Pippa thanks for the info all I was told was that I would have diarrhoea and would be peeing, pooing and sweating orange will talk to my pd nurse when he is back from holiday not in clinic for four months have plenty of sinemet plus
cheers Pete

Hi to all the gang I, m taking a break from the forum for personal reasons you have been good friends I hope you can respect my decision unfortunately for the time being I Don, t wish to discuss it I just need some time and space I hope none of you will be offended so for a while this is likely to be my last post oops forgot to say thanks to you all for kind words and thoughts you showed my mother
Pete and mam
YNWA

Best of luck with whatever you’re dealing with Peter, left you a message on the music thread.

Might be a dynamic duo way things are going Tommy.

My latest delight is locking fingers, usually happens at night, wake up… wtf! I’m sure that finger used to move?

Anyhow, there’s worse things.

Love n hugs to all

Thanks Roy good to know that people care I will be back in a while
Pete keep on rocking ps got tickets to see the South that, s half beautiful South in my local theatre next April front row

Hey lucky you Peter I used to really like beautiful South. Will speak soonX x x

Am so very sorry that we seem to be suffering from varying degrees of physical and emotional damage.
It seems that this is what we are to expect when we come into contact directly or indirectly with PD.
We have all had to develop real and pragmatic coping strategies. Maybe now would be a good time to share some.

swallow your pride, people like to help
be selfish, it seems everyone else is
take what is your due
try to be courteous, find this one v. hard
surround yourself by people who are not toxic.

Forgive me if this sounds a touch cheesy.
Love and hugs to all.

My thoughts are with you.

Hi Mrs T long time me no hear?

Babs. X

Hi Roy did you buy a house?

Thanks for your good wishes x x x

Still looking Babs :roll_eyes::slightly_smiling_face: x

Thanks Mrs T just as my thoughts aer with you just to let everybody know things much the same still waiting for tests but it, s good to know people care hope you are all well will update you all when I know anything mam sends good wishes to everyone
Pete and mam YNWA

It is strange but sometimes this forum is the only place where I feel completely and immediately understood. Okay, maybe not so strange but certainly precious. Family and friends are fabulous but a deep connection which we all have is immediate and powerful. I just want to say therefore that as I sit here in the sunshine surrounded by the 2 most important people in my life ( ribs still v. sore ) I am reminded what matters: me.
This sounds selfish, it is. It has taken me a long time to get the fact that nobody likes me behaving like a bloody martyr. Friends and family need to feel useful. Accepting help at the same time as maintaining one’s dignity is a very hard call.
To all the Musketeers I would like to say, swords at the ready one and all.
Band of Brothers, as Dire Straits fans will know, is a truly meaningful concept. I am extraordinarily proud of this forum. Love and Hugs to all.

2 Likes