Insomnia

Hi Keith Iā€™ve had the flu jab every year for years and have never had the flu.

Glad you got on okay. X x x

Hi itmylife and RoyS, forgive me for butting in about Ropinirole, just wanted to say I take this medication, it is exactly the same as RoyS is taking - Requip XL slow release - been on them since day one, slowly increased to 18mg as to date, have been taking them for eight years now, and have had no problems, but having said that they do not suit everyone, so trust your own judgement. Also if anyone has been taking them for prolonged amount of time it can be dangerous to immediately stop taking them, you have to be weaned off them. If you are having problems it would be better to speak to your or a Parkinsons Nurse.

Donā€™t want to sound bossy just offering a bit of advice :pensive: - sheffy

Hi sheffy
My disease was very low and just to take the edge off , but after 2 days all I wanted to do was sleep. But they were only temperary till I saw my Neurologist. They did what I wanted but also made me very tired
My friend who lives down my road couldnā€™t handle the ropinirole either
Like you said itā€™s not a one size fits all
In the 2 days that I stopped I feel so much better
I havenā€™t wanted or fell asleep once today
I even got my apeitite back
Thing is Iā€™ve looked and there are so many different drugs . Itā€™s hard to know which are best
But your advice is appreciated and VERY WELCOME
Keith

Hi Keith - donā€™t know if you were put on the ordinary Ropinirole or the XL slow release, because either or it does make a difference. Sinimet is also a good one to start on, but it is up to you at the end of the day. I can only advise you on these two meds as these are the ones I take. I hope you get sorted out with something that suits you, and soon.

Take care Keith - sheffy x

Also Keith they must be made by one of the best suppliers also ā€™ GlaxoSmithKlineā€™ for instance if need be. Iā€™ve been put on other cheaper medication (money saving) but the cheaper brands did nothing for me. I now get my supplies from BOOTS the chemist.

sheffy

Hi babswood
It really must be strange for you to see me being serious but Iā€™m all grown up now

Iā€™m a big boy
See what I can do
I can wear big boy pants too
Iā€™m a big boy now
Thomas X

WOW Really impressed.

Babs x

Only till the meds wear off
Then the old Tommy we love comes back

Morning Keith How are you today.?
I have got to keep on the ropinirole until 18 sept when I see my PD nurse and get the results from my watch. Next week Iā€™m up to 4mg of ropinirole so Iā€™m hoping this sleeping lark does not get much worse. I feel Iā€™m really struggling to keep my eyes open.

Phil has highblood pressure and takes a tablet every day which appears to work.
Hoping you get that sorted soon. Hopefully. Once you see your neurologist. You will get the correct meds for you. You have most certainly. Had a long wait.

Have a good day my friend.
Babs x x x

Morning Babswood
Just off to hospingtile going early so I can have my bouffant done in Oxford first.

I was texting Keith last night it was quite funny .
I asked him if he was going out for one of his late night walkies .
He said no and I replied good that means Kay wonā€™t have to worry about you.
But when I checked this morning I had written late night wallies LOL
Just as well he doesnā€™t know what wallies are or heā€™d have been at my door to sort me out this morning HA HA TOMMY X

As a matter of fact I do know what wallies are
They are normally men and women who drive cars with blue lights on top that stop me on walkies that think Iā€™m drugged up or pissed because I canā€™t walk straight
and for some reason get upset when I politely tell them in my own unique way to bigger off
I think in future when I go for a walk I will have a sign on my back saying
" PARKINSONS , NOT PISSED "

No Keith thatā€™s Wallyā€™s
In Scotland wallies are false teeth which is I sent the message to Babswood LOL

I got upper false teeth too and very few lower teeth lol

Hi Babswood
Hope you are beginning to tolerate the meds I cannot even spell and getting back to your normal ha ha self
Am I still in the gang after what Iā€™ll call my latest diagnosis as I seem to have had so many
Tommy X :pill:

Well Tommy of course you are in our gang.
You are our LEADER.

OKAY DOKAY X X X.

YOU AND I AND KEITH will always be friends you do not get rid of me that easy.

Babs x x x

HI TOMMY

WHAT IS NORMAL NOW THATā€™S A QUESTION?

Babs x

I believe
NORMAL IS BEING DIFFRENT TO EVERYONE ELSE
NOT BETTER

Well Barbara it depends who we are talking about really

Normal for you would be posting on on here but cramming in at least three or four questions in the shortest of sentences quite a skill really . probably only available to females .
F**k it this is a long way of saying nosey without hurting someoneā€™s feelings.

Whereas normal for me is simply being cheekier than the cheeky person I happen to be talking to now but I do have dnf sorry that was from the racing post I meant FND .

And normal for him thatā€™s coming on next just doesnā€™t exist LOL Hi Keith
Tommy trouble maker X
Oh no. heā€™s not coming on next he beat me to it because I talk too much LOL

Anyway who want to be
ā€œNORMALā€ how boring eh?
Just another sheep ( baaahh)