Introducing magpie9

]Hi I have just joined the forum yesterday .I am 72 years old , retired 9 years and have pd since 2004 . I was doing quite well until April 2011 when I had an operation for varicose veins and it was then that the pd advanced at a fast rate. I am on med 10 times a day and my neuro has advised that the duodopa pump is the way to go. I am not too keen on this way as I see too many complications. Has any one got first hand info. on this ?.

Magpie9

Hi Magpie9... Great name by the way... Welcome to the community

This is a link to a thread on Duodopa that was started last year and might be of interest. I am, sure that other community members will be happy to share their experience of this medication

http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/pdsforum/posts.aspx?forum=treatments&topic=neupro-and-duodopa

you can also contact the helpline ( 0808 800 0303) and speak to one of their nurses who may also be able to answer your questions

Tim
Community moderator

Hi Tim

Many thanks for your reply and your link to DUODOPA . It was interesting to read someone else's experience on this, but unfortunately it has not helped me to come to any decision.
There seems to be a small take up on the Duodopa pump method. Wonder is it because of the complications attached to it which is a worry to me. As I cannot get any information here in Ireland this is what prompted me to join the U.K site. Hoping to hear from someone else who has undergone this treatment. I have 6 or 7 periods of "feet freeze" during the day when I virtually can't move.
When the medication kicks in I am pretty good and I can get out and about.

Glad you like the name. A good Toon supporter.

Magpie9