Introduction and about me, plus. Help on all aspects of the Apomorphine Pump

Hi everyone

My name is Simon Read
I was diagnosed in 2012

Over the years since being diagnosed I have been supported by the drugs extremely swell, but have reached the optimum safe dose and am now looking towards DBS or Apomorphine Pump

I recently underwent testing to see if I would be eligible for an Apomorphine gel pump.

It is not easy to make a decision whether to go ahead or not and thats where i need your help.

Is there anyone out there currently using this pump, that would be kind enough to meet me and share their experiences?

Your help would be so valuable at this time

Si

Hi and welcome to our forum, @Siread. You’ll find the members here very friendly and supportive and I hope some will be along soon to share their stories with you.

Decisions about treatment can be challenging so it’s a great idea to get some info from people who have personal experience to share. While you wait, you can click on Search at the top right and type in Apomorphine to see past threads on this topic. You might also enjoy the information article on our website here: Apomorphine | Parkinson's UK.

If you need to speak to someone about your concerns, please call our helpline on 0808 800 0303,

Best wishes,
Janice
Forum Moderation Team

Sirens. I am in your predicament too. I would love to speak to someone who has an apo pump rigged up. I spend 3 hrs frozen each day …triggered just by stress