Introduction

Hello,
let me introduce myself as this is the first post here: I am 45, from Germany (and I have relatives living in Berkshire where I visit them quite often) working as a Sales Executive and I’ve been diagnosed PD almost a year ago, so at the age of 44. I joined this Forum as I am interested in exhanging thoughts and ideas on the things that can improve our lives, particularly with the members with similar interests, situation, age group etc. Medication is a necessary evil, and I take it, but I truly believe that the other things will make the difference how we feel and function.

My biggest problem related to the PD is the difficulty to walk (unilateral paresis on the right side, particularly in right leg) - this is how the desease was detected, as well as the issues around sleeping (caused probably by the medication I take). I try to do a lot of physical excercises almost every day, beside my job (physiotherapy, massage, personal training, jogging and even wheelchair basketball - yes, even that!) but I honestly I don’t see any improvement (nor any slowdown of my PD progression), even though I still advocate excercise. So it is my motivation that is slowing down.

Another thing is, now that I alredy spent some time with PD and so gained experience, that I got, and I am still getting, tons of well-intentioned hints and advices what I should be doing, so that I am confused where to start and how to prioritise (my day would have to last 100 hours in order to do all that people advise me). I hope to get some ideas and clarity here… I’ll start with a post regarding jogging right away :slight_smile:

Thanks and see you around!

Koru

PS. The koru (Maori for “loop”) is a spiral shape based on the appearance of a new unfurling silver fern frond. It is an integral symbol in Maori art, carving and tattooing, where it symbolises new life, growth, strength and peace … (from Wikipedia)

Hi Koru,
You sound like you’re doing alot to slow progression. I guess you could look into stress in your life. Work /life balance? Diet and supplements?
Keeping healthy is a 24 hour job and can be mentally fatiguing. Be good to yourself!