Introduction

Hi i am Caroline and was diagnosed last jan i suffer from tremors, vivid dreams, right leg aches and i get numbness on right foot. I currently take cocareldopa but might be adding amatadine. I would like to do part time work or voluntary work but not sure what - i do admin work. I do nordic walking with a parkinsons group locally every tues. In 2022 i was unable to do much but since taking tablets ive been able to do some gardening and watch my rugby team. Any advice would be welcome

1 Like

Good morning Caz62 … I have Atypical Parkinson’s. I am on Sinemet 2 pills 3 times a day. I also have VERY vivid dreams which is probably the medication. I also have numbness in my left foot & tight muscles in my legs. Following tests this was diagnosed as Distal Sensory Axonal large fibre NEUROPATHY.

The prevalence of peripheral neuropathy in Parkinson’s disease varies depending on the diagnostic methods used and has been shown to be present in up to 55% of Parkinson’s disease patients ,6,7,17,18,20 compared with 8–9% in the general population of similar age.

I mention this as your numbness may be Neuropathy … I take Amitriptyline for this [excellent] … Do mention this to your Neurologist.

Best of luck.
Steve2

1 Like

Welcome @Caz62