Introduction

I am an Australian DX three years ago but had symptoms some 2-3 years before that. I am 75 so am enormously sympathetic to those who have early onset. Suffered substantial pains early on found tourmaline buttons solved the problem magically. I am currently avoiding to take any LEVODOPA or other substantive drugs. I read the material at pdrecovery.com and felt it was worth trying alternative answers. So far so good. Recent paper on Vit D3 possible delaying development of PD is encouraging. I suffer tremor but no neurological issues e.g. depression or sleeplessness or of course obsessive behaviours. Look forward to engaging with others in this forum.
Welcome to the forum.
I tried pdrecovery.com and got a Canadian loans company!!
Sorry. The correct url is www.pdrecovery.org
I had forgotten that it was org and not com.
This looks really interesting. What is the detail on vit d3?

My OH (PWP) and me have been looking at the Dr Wahls diet.

There are so many things out there it is difficult to know what to do. Especially when the neurologists are saying something completely different i.e. meds meds meds.
Possibly quite exciting. Recent double blind peer reviewed trial reports that D3 could slow progression of PD. Here is some info.
Vitamin D slows Parkinson's progression

Friday, March 22, 2013. The results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial reported online on March 13, 2013 in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reveal a benefit for vitamin D supplementation in men and women with Parkinson's disease.

In their introduction to the article, Masahiko Suzuki and his colleagues at Jikei University School of Medicine in Tokyo note that vitamin D levels are lower in Parkinson's disease patients. Supplementation with the vitamin has been found to reduce the risk of falling, which is higher among individuals with the disease. Studies have shown that variations in the vitamin D receptor gene are associated with Parkinson's disease risk.

For the current trial, 114 Parkinson's disease patients were randomized to receive 1200 international units (IU) vitamin D3 per day or a placebo for twelve months. Hoehn and Yahr stage, Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale, Parkinson's Disease Questionnaire-39 and other tests were administered to assess disease status before and after treatment. Blood samples collected at enrollment were analyzed for factors that included 25-hydroxyvitamin D and calcium levels, and variations in genes associated with vitamin D binding protein and vitamin D receptor.